Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Garden House, 2010


The Garden House is located in Jiaosi, a popular hot spring resort on the south of Taipei. This is a two floors house and with a pond nearby. In 2008, my mother inherited a piece of small land from her farmer father and she decided to build a house of her own. I was being asked to accomplish her dream of having an English style red house even I never been to the UK before that time.

As we started the design, I spent quite a long time to collect pictures and architecture information about the English cottage. Besides, my father insisted on having a classic and luxury living room, in that case, I have to combine country and traditional classic style in a limited space. There was another challenge, since it was very hard and costly to get exactly right materials to build up the English style home, we decided to compromise and use similar materials to replace them. From Japan roof tile to interior furniture we choose local brands in Taiwan and tried to make it looks in harmony with the surroundings.



















The garden also plays an important rule, we organize a lot of plant area then my mom could grow vegetables and enjoy a real country life. The garden house has been finished for a year and I can tell that my parents love to live in the cozy and beautiful place. They can stay at home all the weekend doing garden work and decorating interiors, and invite friends to come to have a cup of tea in a wonderful afternoon. C’est la vie!!











 
Floor Plan (original, some design has been changes)



1st Floor




2nd Floor









3 comments:

  1. can't believe my eyes when i was told it is in jiaosi. I've stayed there for a month and visited ilan a few times.

    excellent job the builder and the designer (you) have done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Geo,I am still learning and I will do my best in interior design industry!

      Ilan is a great place to stay. I love the place so much since there are a lot of memories for me. Hope you like here as well!

      Delete
  2. i wanna share my house with you, ya-ju.
    here's a link to it:
    http://www.wretch.cc/blog/geohsu/8191689

    ReplyDelete